Silicones are polymers that constitute silicon with hydrogen, carbon, oxygen and some other chemicals at times.
Some of the most important and useful properties of silicones are:
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low toxicity
- Low thermal conductivity
- Silicones have ability to repel water from watertight seals, though they are not hydrophobes
- Good thermal stability. Silicones maintain their properties over a wide range of temperature, ranging from -100 °C to 250 °C.
- Silicones do not support microbiological growth
- Silicones do not stick to several substrates but adhere very well with others like glass.
- Silicones have excellent resistance to ultraviolet (UV) light, oxygen and ozone. This property of silicones has resulted in their extensive use in automotive industry (external trim and external gasket) and construction industry (glazing seals, coatings, fire protection etc. ).
- Good electrical insulation: Silicones have good electrical insulation and can be easily formulated to be electrically conductive or non-conductive. These are extensively used in a range of electrical applications.
- High Gas Permeability: Silicones have high permeability at room temperature (25 °C). The permeability of silicone rubber for gases like oxygen is nearly 400 times* that of butyl rubber, making is very useful for medical applications where enhanced aeration is required. Silicone rubbers, however, cannot be used where gas tight seals are required.
Silicone rubber is able to resist a large variation in temperature, ranging from - 150 F to 500 F (-101°C to 260°C). It displays a natural translucent color that allows for it easy visual flow. It has good resistance to the temperature variations, ozone gases, UV rays and moisture. It is also very resilient, resistant to compression set, stretchable, is tasteless, odorless and inert. Silicone remains extremely resistant to corona concentration and ozone for a longer period of time. It self-extinguishes itself within 3 to 8 seconds and has good electrical properties, which make silicone a preferred choice for computer applications and other appliances. It does not contain any sulphur or other acid producing chemicals, and therefore does not cause any staining, deterioration or corrosion to the materials that come in its contact. Lined hose clamps and standard barbed fittings are recommended for most of the applications.
Namokar Enterprises offers a range of hose and tubing products made of this very versatile material Silicone, including silicone hose, platinum cured silicone tubing etc. to ensure the least possible extractable. Our very clean facility is equipped with state of the art tools and machinery to produce high quality products for pharmaceutical and medical applications. Our industrial grade products offer exceptional performance and are available at relatively lower prices.
Silicone tubing is long been used for medical tubing as its meets the high standards of non-toxicity and hygiene of the medical industry. Since it is also resistant to extreme temperature variations, silicone tubing is also used for flexible tubing applications as plastic or rubber tubing cannot be used in such applications.
Silicone tubing and hose is a rubber like thermoset material which is extremely elastic and pliable, and does not alter due to the effects of the weather. It shows inertness for ozone and UV radiation, making it a preferred choice for a variety of electrical applications.
Capabilities and Ranges for Rubber Tubing and Silicone Tubing
- Single, Coextrusion, and Triextrusion capabilities
- Insert Extrusion
- Multi-Lumen Extrusion
- O-Ring Fabrication
- Multiple Durometer/Hardness
- Multiple Material/Color Extrusion
- 0.010 inch To 3 inch Plus
- Custom Formulation for Mechanical Properties, Chemical Resistance, Color Matching and Temperature Resistance
- Cutting from 0.010 inch Thick To Unlimited
- Special Put-Ups
- Special Packaging
- Thin Walled
- PSA Application
Typical Applications for Rubber Tubing and Silicone Tubing
Vanguard’s rubber tubing and silicone tubing are extensively used in a variety of industries around the world. Vanguard has expertise, capabilities and vast experience of designing and manufacturing of a range of tubing products like:
- Washers and Seals for Electronics, Electrical Equipment, and Food Processing Equipment
- Fiberoptic Sheathes
- Architectural and Window Seals
- Electrical Connector Seals and Sheathes
- Medical Equipment Seals Tubing
- HVAC Equipment Condensate Drains and Sensing Tube
- Automotive Electrical Enclosure Weather Seal
- Outdoor Cellular Telecommunications Enclosures
- Outdoor Electrical Enclosures
- Water Purification Tubing
- Small Appliance Heater Tubing
- Aerospace and Military Fluid Conveyance
- Dairy Fluid Handling Tubing
- Wastewater Sampling Tubing
- Peristaltic Tubing
- Humidifier Tubing
- High Voltage Insulation
- Optical Surgery Drains
- Composite Thermoforming
Materials for Rubber Tubing and Silicone Tubing
Vanguard makes use of a wide range of quality materials to manufacture silicone and rubber tubing that can be used in various industries, applications and specific environments. If you are not sure to find the best material for your specific applications, do not hesitate to contact our nearest application expert who will be very glad to assist you.